By: Linc York, Induron Sales Representative
Induron’s E-Bond 100 Penetrating Sealer is a very low viscosity, two-component epoxy specially formulated to penetrate and seal concrete, masonry, rusted steel and most chalky coatings. It is available in amber clear and non-opaque off-white. When used as recommended, it is 100% solids, zero VOC, and will not shrink or entrap solvent upon curing.
E-Bond 100 can be used as:
- A primer for rusty steel. It will not only penetrate and seal the rust, but it will also provide a solid base for epoxy, urethane, fluorourethane and other finish coats.
- A primer for concrete. Compared to steel, concrete is very porous and E-Bond 100 will penetrate the concrete and seal the porosity. This mitigates the typical problem of concrete out-gassing and provides a surface that can be top-coated with epoxies and urethanes.
- An overcoat primer for previously coated epoxy and urethane substrates. In many cases, you can eliminate the need for abrasive blasting. Power tool clean as per SSPC-SP 3 and/or high-pressure water clean as per SSPC-SP 12/NACE 5; then apply 1-2 mils of E-Bond 100. Since E-Bond 100 does not contain solvents, there is little or no danger of lifting previously applied coatings.
- A primer for self-leveling epoxy coatings. The penetrating properties of E-Bond 100 will significantly increase the adhesion of an epoxy floor system. This not only mitigates out-gassing, but also improves resistance to chipping. E-Bond 100 can also be used as the receiving coat for an epoxy broadcast system.
- A primer for concrete and plaster coated swimming pools. E-Bond 100 penetrates and fortifies these porous surfaces. It provides a perfect base coat for the epoxy finish coat material while improving the bond strength of the system and prolonging service life.
- A stand-alone floor coating. Apply E-Bond 100 to a clean and dry, oil-free concrete floor using the squeegee and backroll method at approximately 250-300 SF/gallon. Your floor will be sealed from oils, grease, gasoline, hydraulic and brake fluids. It will also clean up much easier and have a nice amber-clear finish perfect for fork lift traffic.
Induron’s E-Bond 100 Penetrating Sealer is supplied in a convenient 1:1 by volume mix ratio and has a usable pot life of approximately 3 hours at 70 ̊F. It can be applied with a brush, roller, painter’s mitt, conventional and airless spray. It is virtually odor free.