By Davies Hood
It’s been a great year at Induron, and I am truly thankful for the family, friends and co-workers that surround me. I have been blessed with abundance in 2013, and it is in a large part because of these wonderful people.
Over the course of the last year, I have had the opportunity to engage in some meaningful, non-work related organizations that are very important to me. I have been able to sit on boards of several non-profit organizations, coach two separate youth sports teams and dance with my daughters in the “Nutcracker” for the third year in a row.
All of these extra-curricular activities require a significant amount of time and effort. Without a supportive wife and an effective management team at work, I would not have had the liberty to participate. The organizations that I have been able to work with are:
- President of EO Birmingham, a member led business owners group whose mission is to help leading entrepreneurs learn and grow.
- President of the Board of the Industrial Health Center (IHC), a nationwide, mobile health screening service that focuses on preventative health at the workplace.
- Sit on Board of Directors at Ruffner Mountain Nature Preserve, a Birmingham, urban nature preserve that focuses on preservation, education, recreation and restoration.
- Coaching five year old Coach-Pitch baseball and coaching nine year old tackle football.
- Chairman of Birmingham International Center’s annual event “Spotlight on Colombia.” BIC links communities and companies to global opportunity, leadership and world affairs through education and cultural enlightenment.
- Playing the role of both a Party Dad & Mother Ginger in the “Nutcracker” with my two daughters with the Birmingham Ballet.
I am also thankful for each one of our Induron employees. Here are a few things 4 of these great members of our team are grateful for this year:
John Anspach, Technical Director & VP Operations:
- Family: for kids, grandkids and a loving, supportive wife
- Friends: for the relationships that are formed and nurtured with friends, especially during the holiday season
- Company: for the opportunity to contribute to a dynamic, creative-minded company, where I can bring my experience and a talented operations and technical department’s talents to bear.
Sheldon Shelton, Outside Sales & Service:
- The opportunity to work for a great company
- My family
- My health and the opportunity to enjoy life
Barry Peters, Customer Service Manager:
- The people I work with and the working environment created going forward into 2014.
- The traditions created by Induron employees before me that give rise to our creed “Integrity Respect Reliability and Innovation.”
- The country in which we live. With all her problems, it’s still the best place on earth.
- The ability I have been blessed with to pursue happiness in life according to my desires and my ability to achieve them.
John Bickel, Sales Rep
- I am so thankful for my family and the love we share with each other.
- I am thankful for the men and women that sacrifice their lives, loves, and time away from home to protect this wonderful country in which we live.
- I am thankful that in the tough economic times we are able to have a roof over our head and food on the table.