By Kendall Smith, Induron Sales Rep
Need a way to get great barrier protection? How about five?
Induraguard 9200 provides you with five mechanisms of barrier protection. We’ve always provided you with surface tolerant, self-priming, single-component, sustainably designed and easy-to-use products, but when that’s not enough, Induron’s formulators decided to raise the bar even higher by incorporating five overlapping barrier features:
- 10-12 mils DFT of resin hardens by oxidation to provide the first barrier against rain, salt fog and air-borne pollution.
- The micaceous iron oxide pigment, which is lamellar in shape, gives the outermost layer a “labyrinth-effect” barrier protection.
- If the moisture eventually gets around the tortuous path of the micaceous iron oxide, it will react with the zinc dust (another pathway impeding pigment) to form…
- …oxides, that will further fill up the voids in the coating and make the film an even better barrier than before.
- The ceramic microspheres add the fifth different shape and size to the pigment mix, and also help with the edge retention of the coating.
What does all this show? Don’t settle for less, when the best is available from Induron!
Founded in 1947, Induron manufactures high performance coatings that serve a range of industrial applications, including the wastewater, transmission and distribution and groundwater storage industries. Learn more about us at www.Induron.com.