By: David Parnell, Induron National Business Development and Distribution Manager
Induron is excited to announce the launch of its newest product, Indurethane Monarch HS. This extremely high-gloss urethane technology combines durability and color retention in a high-gloss and high distinction of image finish that is unrivaled in the market. Indurethane Monarch HS is formulated to help increase productivity with easy-to-apply applications and fast dry speed.
“Induron is excited to provide clients a premium industrial urethane that will outshine the rest and continue performing for years,” said Davies Hood, president of Induron Protective Coatings. “This new addition comes with an array of benefits for our clients, proving that we continue to work hard to serve the industry with the best and most efficient products.”
Induron executed its first field spray trial success with Indurethane Monarch HS on a semi-truck hood that was sanded and wiped down with solvent. It was not the smoothest substrate, but it turned out very nice with the Indurethane Monarch HS. Though this product can be used as a true Industrial High Gloss Finish, it can also be thinned down to give the appearance of an Industrial Fleet Refinish Polyurethane, as it was in this project.
- Mixed Time: 11:00 a.m.
- Mixed Volume: 32 oz.
- Equipment Used: Conventional /Air Spray (Cup Gun)
- Thinned Initially with K1017 @ 5% Reduction for Industrial Finish
- Applied Time: 11:20 a.m.
- After Tack Coat:Thinned with K1017 @ 10-15% reduction at Zahn #3 cup at 18-20 seconds.
- Application Tack Coat: About 1-1.5 mil wet mils
- Final Coat: 2-3 wet mils for final finish
- Application Temperature: 85-90 degrees F.
- Product was tack free in 1.5 hours without accelerator.
- Pot Life: Monarch HS showed good pot life of around 1.5-2 hours upon thinning with K-1017.
Product Features & Benefits:
- Extremely High Gloss
- Unrivaled Distinction of Image (DOI)
- Excellent Exterior Durability with
- Superior Color and Gloss Retention.
- Excellent Flow and Leveling Properties
- High Volume Solids
- Low VOC and Low HAPS
- Quick Dry and Cure Performance
- Very Low Surface Energy
- Large Color Selection
- Chemical Resistant
- Easy Recoat
- Long Pot Life
- Topcoat over a multitude of Primers
- Low Odor
- Ease of Application with a variety of spray equipment
- Cement Trucks and Chemical Tankers
- Bulk Tanks and Tankers
- Locomotives and Railroad Cars
- Oilfield and Land Drilling Equipment
- Marine Offshore and Heavy-Duty Equipment