On Thursday May 2, 2013, Induron hosted our Second Annual Family Night at the Ballpark. This is a social event where all employees are invited to bring their spouses, kids and grandkids to the local ballpark. We eat hot dogs, burgers and Cracker-Jacks and really get to know co-workers in a relaxed atmosphere.
Heck, we even flew in our Sales Team from locations as far away as Connecticut, Wisconsin and Missouri! We all enjoyed a little baseball (Go Barons!) and got to see the beautiful new Regions Field. But most importantly we all had a good time.
Something really hit me as I was talking to Chuck Raddin, (Production), who was holding his 18-month-old grandson, and John Bickel (Sales), one of the newest employees of our company. The night was not about baseball at all.
Some of my key memories are:
- Trying to get a high-five from Ricky Germany’s (Customer Service) son, Bryant, as he rode into the stadium on his dad’s shoulder decked out in a Superman costume that came complete with a Velcro cape!
- Seeing 3 generations of Rowells (Sales) wearing 5 name tags (thanks to Jake’s 3!).
- Watching all 3 Lindley (Production) girls having a hard time choosing between hamburgers and hot dogs.
- Donna Poe (Receptionist) having the opportunity to show off pictures of her 2 new grandchildren.
- Talking with Dick Belliveau (Sales) about the merits of Yuengling Lager while he was wearing his Miller Park Milwaukee Brewers jacket.
- Watching my 9 year- old-daughter practice her ballet routine on the Bullpen rail.
But the most memorable event of the night occurred late in the evening when one of the other team’s players hit a home run into the Bullpen directly below our section. One of their relief pitchers picked up the ball, quickly saved the home run ball for his teammate and deftly tossed a bullpen ball to Jeremy Lecroy (Production) who was holding Kyler, his 4-year-old son.
Well actually, maybe it IS all about baseball. Specifically the baseball that was given to Kyler. He’ll remember it his entire life. So will I.
Founded in 1947, Induron manufactures high performance coatings that serve a range of industrial applications, including the wastewater, transmission and distribution and groundwater storage industries. Learn more about us at www.Induron.com.