With Induron’s Ceramic Epoxies we’re ready to “Put our money where our mouth is” with an unprecedented 15 year warranty for immersion service in water tanks.
How is this possible you ask? Because we have over 30 years of experience with ceramic epoxies in water tanks, sanitary sewage and other immersion exposures with no documented failures on substrates that have been abrasive blasted with grit.
All of our ceramic epoxies use the same proprietary technology that’s coated literally thousands of miles of sanitary sewage pipe and hundreds of water tanks.
To offer this 15 year warranty we have to eliminate as many variables as possible that can affect the service life of the coating system. Most of the variables can be eliminated by proper inspection of field surface preparation and painting.
Some of the variables are:
- Peened surfaces
- Oils, greases and other surface contaminants on the substrate from fabrication, transportation, and materials being staged for months before being coated
- Carbon deposits left from blasting with steel abrasive
- Prime coats becoming hardened and chalked due to extended exposure to UV
- Solvent entrapment caused by high film build, cold weather &/or poor ventilation
A field inspected project using Induron’s PERMACLEAN 100 brings these advantages:
- Verification of specified surface cleanliness and anchor pattern
- Solvent free system eliminates VOC’s, HAP’s and the possibility of solvent entrapment
- Unrivaled film build minimizes the risk of holidays(pinholes) and improves edge protection with up to 50 mils in a single coat.
- Absolute minimal undercutting.
- Coatings applied immediately after surface preparation
- No chance for intercoat delamination
- Can be returned to service in 72 hours.
- A-Rated for cathodic disbondment.
- Ultra-Low Permeability keeps water away from your substrate. PermaClean 100 has a metric perm rating well under 1.0.
If you’re ready to put a coating system inside and out on your tank that will last so long we’ll have to remind you that you specified it, give your local Induron representative a call.